Washington, DC - Advisors of the Cooperative Development Foundation's Bowers Fund recently approved nearly $6000 in grants to support training for directors and staff of six food cooperatives. The grants were awarded to:
• Local First Grocer Cooperative, Manitou Springs, CO, for training of a board member and the general manager in finance and board development;
• Market Street Co-op, Fort Kent, ME, for the general manager to spend two days at another Maine co-op for hands-on learning;
• Monadnock Food Co-op, Keene, NH, for customer service training;
• The Portland Food Co-op, Portland, ME, for board training for working with a new general manager;
• South Philly Food Co-op, Philadelphia, PA, for board and committee member training and start-up support;
• and Taos Food Co-op, Taos, NM, to travel to another NM food co-ops for hands-on training and financial training for staff.
The Bowers Fund supports the food co-op sector through grants for the...