The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the trade association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For nearly 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 100 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in 15 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the volunteering position to support NCBA CLUSA’s Finance for Food Security and Women Entrepreneurs Project, based in Mali. The Volunteer will provide a 3-week training to small businesses and women’s group on marketing and Management Tools.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide participants with marketing concepts, tools and recommendations
- Get participants to design a marketing plan for their company's products;
- Bring participants to assess and analyze marketing problems, and provide options to improve the sale of products;
- Enable participants to evaluate and analyze the costs of marketing (price policy) and to create a functional commercial service
The volunteer can add any tools he/she thinks could be helpful to a new organization. (objectives may change as the volunteer brainstorms with participants)
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working knowledge of French
- Knowledge of marketing and administrative tools
- Familiarity with cooperatives and membership organizations
- Capacity in training;